Friday, June 18, 2010

Stir-Fried Broccoli and Mushrooms with Tofu


I tried this recipe and it was good. I didn't add the tofu because I can't stand the texture of Tofu. My husband and two of my kids liked it.

I will definitely make this again.

**I doubled the recipe and it was just enough for our family (all of the kids are under age 8). But I will be tripling the recipe next time.

LINK HERE FOR THE RECIPE FROM EAT BETTER AMERICA

Stir-Fried Broccoli and Mushrooms with Tofu

1/3 cup Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-oz carton) or vegetable broth
1 tablespoon apricot all-fruit spread
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon dry sherry
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 large bunch broccoli, cut into small florets
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 cup halved cherry and/or yellow pear tomatoes
8 ounces firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/4” cubes

1.In a cup, whisk together the broth, all-fruit spread, soy sauce, sherry, and cornstarch. Set aside.

2.Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes, or until tender-crisp and lightly browned.

3.Add the tomatoes and tofu and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes, or until the tomatoes begin to collapse.

4.Stir the cornstarch mixture and add to the skillet. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until the mixture boils and thickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Naturally