Friday, August 27, 2010

Bento Box

I am COMPLETELY OBSESSED with the Bento Box idea. Just google it. It can entertain you for hours on a Sunday. At least it did for me. It goes all along with eating healthier which I am also obsessed with. School lunches gross me out and I'm so bored with a sandwich, chips and juice. Bleck! The Japanese have it right. It's like an art form for mothers over there. Also, you stop using ziploc bags. I always feel so wasteful when I use them, so I'm stoked about this. You can check out flickr bento groups--specifically the kids ones and you get stuff like this:

Mini Owl Biscuits



lions, and tigers, and bears - oh my!

So you start with a Bento Box (or you could use any sort of little container). How cute are these? I found them HERE.





Then you buy little cutters to cut your fruit or cheese or whatever.


Then you put your food on these cute little toothpick sort of things.






And get cupcake holders to divide your stuff like so:



Your kid would have the coolest, healthiest lunch. I'm currently searching the Phoenix/Metro area for this kind of stuff. I'll let you know what I find. You can also check this blog.. Or just google away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Naturally