Friday, July 9, 2010

Soap Scum Remover



So I was looking at the floor of my bath tub and it was all brownish in spots from soap scum. I usually use Comet but I wanted to try something natural, so I googled it.

Baking Soda. That was one of the answers, so I tried it. MAGNIFICENT! It worked like a charm. I found it worked better if I wet my sponge and put it directly on there to form a paste versus when I just sprinkled it on the tub directly. It was great because my almost 2 year old was right next to me and usually I freak out and lock him out while I'm cleaning because if that nasty chemicals. But it was great, I even let him help. And at one point I somehow inhaled some of the powder and I didn't have any fear or thoughts in the back of my mind of how wrong it was. No more Comet for me!

Also, heated white vinegar works. I've used that before and it works, but I found it to be more difficult than the baking soda.

1 comment:

  1. Baking Soda is the most multi-purpose substance! Take a TBS of baking soda and about 1/2 tsp water to create a paste. Now brush your teeth with it! Walah! First I was using it as a whitener, but now it is my toothpaste. It makes your teeth feel "actually" clean and I checked with my endodontist brother, and he said it's a great and legit way to clean your teeth!

    ReplyDelete

Speak Naturally